Created for kids ages 8 and up, this full-color, fact-filled book features fascinating stories and fun projects that will keep kids entertained for hours and learning all the while.
Volume 4 will amuse kids with facts, features, and activities such as
• Calendar: famous 13ths of the month; Halloween history, snacks, and decoration ideas; Christmas, Chanukah, and Kwanzaa “firsts”
• Astronomy: wild tales of meteorites, wonders of the night sky, the search for aliens
• Weather: wacky ways to predict the weather; profiles of the thermometer men, Celsius and Fahrenheit; cold facts; weird winds
• Gardening: history, folklore, and how-to-grow for peas, tomatoes, “alligator pears” (avocados!), and a cucumber in a bottle
• Crafts: twelve easy projects to foster kids’ creativity—and fun!
• Nature: how leaves change color, advice on poison ivy, all about grasshoppers and birds