• Teaches you the principles of both engineering graphics and Autodesk Inventor 2020
• Uses step by step tutorials that cover the most common features of Autodesk Inventor
• Includes a chapter on stress analysis
• Prepares you for the Autodesk Inventor Certified User Exam
Autodesk Inventor 2020 and Engineering Graphics: An Integrated Approach will teach you the principles of engineering graphics while instructing you on how to use the powerful 3D modeling capabilities of Autodesk Inventor 2020. Using step-by-step tutorials, this text will teach you how to create and read engineering drawings while becoming proficient at using the most common features of Autodesk Inventor. By the end of the book you will be fully prepared to take and pass the Autodesk Inventor Certified User Exam.
This text is intended to be used as a training guide for students and professionals. The chapters in this text proceed in a pedagogical fashion to guide you from constructing basic shapes to making complete sets of engineering drawings. This text takes a hands-on, exercise-intensive approach to all the important concepts of Engineering Graphics, as well as in-depth discussions of parametric feature-based CAD techniques.
This textbook contains a series of fifteen chapters, with detailed step-by-step tutorial style lessons, designed to introduce beginning CAD users to the graphic language used in all branches of technical industry. This book does not attempt to cover all of Autodesk Inventor 2020’s features, only to provide an introduction to the software. It is intended to help you establish a good basis for exploring and growing in the exciting field of Computer Aided Engineering.
Autodesk Inventor 2020 Certified User Examination
The content of this book covers the performance tasks that have been identified by Autodesk as being included on the Autodesk Inventor 2020 Certified User examination. Special reference guides show students where the performance tasks are covered in the book.
Table of Contents
2. Parametric Modeling Fundamentals
3. Constructive Solid Geometry Concepts
4. Geometric Constructions
5. Model History Tree
6. Geometric Construction Tools
7. Orthographic Projection and Multiview Constructions
8. Dimensioning and Notes
9. Tolerancing and Fits
10. Pictorials and Sketching
11. Auxiliary Views and Reference Geometry
12. Section Views & Symmetrical Features in Designs
13. Threads and Fasteners
14. Assembly Modeling and Working Drawings
15. Introduction to Stress Analysis
Appendix A. Running and Sliding Fits – American National Standard
Appendix B. Metric Limits and Fits
Appendix C. Unified National Thread Form
Appendix D. Metric Thread Form
Appendix E. Fasteners (Inch Series)
Appendix F. Metric Fasteners
Appendix G. Fasteners
Appendix H. References